This project is needed, because it is very important to rise awareness of climate change in primary and secondary schools and focuse on teoretical and practial teaching of students in the field of climate change mitigation and adaptation and also to inform great public about this issue and its mitigation and adaptation. Project consolidates bilateral cooperation with Norwegian partner and supports exchange of education and experiences in this field.
This project will address the challenges by implementation of
1.Construction of ecopedagogical area ,which consists of: * raised beds with herbs with rainwater watering system , *herb garden and *sensational barefoot path
2.Rainwater lake which is a part of moder infrastructure and rainwater garden , which both take care of rain management and this also helps saving drinking water.
3. Planting trees, bushes, soil – covering plants , which reduces soil vulnerability against long-term droughts and other plants in this area is increasing the proportion of greenery
4. Waste reduction by using the composters – students will be taught how to build and maintain the composters and also how to practically reduce waste from the garden and kitchen by using the composters and how to use composted material.
5. Supporting biodiversity by making insect house
6. Adjusting Curriculum in the school subject Sustainable Life in Practice , adding a practical parts, opening after school couse
7. Creating materials: * map of Climatic Garden, *Leaflets, *Worksheets, *Presentations, *Videos and *Questionaires,
8. Use of Climatic Garden during lesson of applicants´s students and participants´ students in our town.
Taking care of Climatic Garden and practical exploratory learning and also ensuring its long term sustainiability.
Mandatory Publicity – organising opening and closing conference and creating web subpage on webpage of our school sosos.sk and publication of educative materials and evets.
Promotional activities: Information events in Elementary and Secondary Schools in our town, Workshops in Centre of Free Time, at our school, climatic march these activities are oriented in climate change mitigation and adaptation.
The project plans to achieve climate-friendly behavior among people, who have experienced the educational process in Climatic Garden. To encourage them to care about the environment, climate, climate changes mitigation and adaptation. This behavior will have changed after being a part of this project and after being involved into educational and practical concept of Climatic Garden people became aware of context how can we contribute and make things better in this field. Education should be the first step to show us how changes in lifestyle and behaviour patterns can contribute to changing so much in our lives and environment.
Who is expected to benefit from this project and how will they benefit? All participants´ and partners´ students and teachers, students from bilateral partner school by exchanging the experience, teaching and promotional material and also children from nursery schools, pupils from elementary schools, students from secondary schools in the surroundings or our district, who come and experience the exploratory learning focused on climate change mitigation and adaptation as well as public during the promotional events and visits in Climatic Garden.
For each donor project partner or other project partner: what added value is the partnership expected to bring to the project? It will contribute to Roma community inclusion and their education because the majority of students of construction specializations are from this community. Roma students will help in the first phase of building and planting the hard measures under the supervision of their practical education teachers, garden architect and teachers.
- Centre of free time Relax, Rimavská Sobota relaxrs.webnode.sk CVČ Relax Rimavská Sobota – YouTube
- Primary School of Pavol Dobšinský, Rimavská Sobota zspdobsinskeho.eu.sk (Základná škola Pavla Dobšinského – YouTube)
- Radøy ungdomsskule, Alver kommune, Manger Norway kommune.no
You can find published partnership agreements for the project Climatic Garden ACC03P12 here:
Project budget: 41 150 EUR
The project is funded by:
- Norvegian Financial Mechanism 2014 – 2021 in the amount of EUR 33 229
- And the state budget of the Slovak Republic – Ministry of the Environment in the amount of EUR 5864
- And also co-financed by the Banská Bystrica self-governing region in the amount of EUR 2057